God Cannot Lie
Recently, a question was posed to me that challenged my faith. Perhaps it will do the same for yours.
What would happen if you embraced the truth that God cannot tell a lie?
The Bible tells us that he cannot lie, after all.
“God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged.” (Hebrews 6:18)
So, what if you truly embraced the truth that ALL of God’s promises are true? What if you truly lived based on the knowledge that what his word says is active in your life?
Place your pondering of these questions within the specific truths of his word.
- If we search for God, we will find him. (Deuteronomy 4:7, 29)
- God helps those who seek him. (Psalm 121)
- God rewards simple faith. (Psalm 1:1-3)
- He works for our good. (Romans 8:28)
- There is new life in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- God finishes what he starts. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- God supplies all our needs. (Matthew 6:33)
- He promises abundant life. (John 10:10)
- We are promised power from on high. (Acts 1:8)
A Changed Faith
In other words, what if in fully believing that God cannot lie, you embraced that he is available and that he protects and rewards you? What if you lived truly believing that he is working for your good, that he offers you new life right now, and that he will finish the good work he started in your life?
How would your faith change if you fully embraced that he supplies all you need, promises abundance, and offers you his power? All of these promises are true and available to those who believe God is who he says he is. And that’s only nine promises of so, so many.
So, let me ask you again. What would happen if you embraced the truth that God cannot tell a lie? Take this question into your daily studies of God’s word and let it challenge your faith. Let it expand your vision of God.