Aging gracefully, living my life in a way that truly shows the presence of God’s grace, means deliberately planning my way knowing that his constant guidance directs my every step (Proverbs 16:9).
God’s grace in my life equates to his favor (Genesis 6:8) and His forgiving mercy (Romans 11:6). His grace is the source of my salvation (Acts 15:11). His all-abundant (Romans 5:15-20) and all-sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9) grace is something I can abound in (Romans 5:2), be strong in (2 Timothy 2:1), and grow in (2 Peter 3:18).
Using a biblical perspective, aging gracefully means:
- Embracing aging and using it to inspire & instruct others. (Titus 2)
- Getting to know God increasingly more. (2 Peter 3:18)
- Stepping outside my comfort zone regularly. (2 Kings 5:1-16 & Matthew 14:22-33)
- Sharing how God’s favor has worked and continues to work in my life. (Genesis 6:8)
- Showing His power through my weaknesses. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
When His grace that gets the glory, embracing the idea of aging gracefully becomes not only a way to help me come to terms with inevitable aging but also help keep Him as the focus of all that I am and do.