Faith in Christ brings freedom, yet so many Christians find themselves living as if they aren’t free. Following a set of rules does not bring freedom. Only Christ does. So, how can we truly live in that freedom?
Let’s take a few minutes to consider Paul’s advice in Galatians 5 for the answer.
- Make sure you stay free. Don’t get bogged down by a rigged set of rules. (v1)
- Express your freedom. Focus on loving others. (v6)
- Live free. True freedom follows Jesus’ example, which means serving others. (v13)
- Protect your freedom. Avoid “biting and devouring.” As much as it is up to you, live at peace with others (Romans 12:18). (v15)
- Eagerly receive everything promised. What is promised to those who “are right with God through faith”? Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (v 22).
Rejoice in your freedom today. Then, thank the One who paid the price for that freedom.